Thursday, March 11, 2010

Vegan Cocktails Philly - Cantina Dos Segundos

We ended up skipping our workout last night because it was a bit late/we were hungry and wanted to go to Vegan Cocktails at Cantina Dos Segundos. We met up with our friends Kelly (Living on the Vedge)/Josh. Since there was no bingo this week we needed our chips/salsa fix plus this was for a good cause.

As for drinks they put together a few special cocktails. They were a bit different than listed online but good none the less.

vegan cocktails philly


Lauren ordered the Sea Wolf - blackberry bramble w/ blue coat gin.
I went with some PBR, one of the only places you can get it in the bottle... classy I know.

vegan cocktails philly



As for food, we started off with the complimentary chips and salsa. I usually eat too many but I'm alright with that.

vegan cocktails philly


Lauren/Kelly ended up getting the same entrée; Warm Asparagus and Quinoa Salad - with arugula, red and yellow grape tomatoes, red onion, tempeh croutons, sherry vinaigrette, and both held the onions.

Josh and I went with the Vegan Chorizo and Potato Burrito with cactus escabeche, pico verde, lettuce, white rice, and beans. Last night I learned that the way to gauge the legit-ness of a burrito. It needs to be able to stand up on its end vertically. This one did just that. I guess I should have taken a picture while the burrito was vertical, but oh well.

We had an excellent time last night and ready for the next vegan cocktails philly.

vegan cocktails philly

4 comments:

Jackie said...

if i drank i'd be all over that natalie portman shizzz.

Katie said...

HA I can't get over those drink names! I'd like a Grizzly Bear, please.

Shaheen said...

Wow, I'd love a Sea Wolf. It is Friday night after all!

Anonymous said...

Let's taste a little Nat....