Thursday, July 23, 2009

cinnamon-walnut coffee cake

this coffee cake is good. real good.
so good, that this is the first dessert i have ever seen eric actively eat. and eat. and eat. i even caught him cutting off a large slice at 6:30 am tuesday morning.

vegan cinnamon-walnut coffee cake

well my mom wanted the recipe, and rachel wanted me to start posting recipes, so here goes!

cinnamon-walnut coffee cake from la dolce vegan

topping:

1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp vegan margarine
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped

cake:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup faux sour cream (i used tofutti better than sour cream)
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup soy milk (i used almond milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract

preheat over to 350 degrees. lightly oil an 8x8 inch baking pan and set aside. in a small bowl, stir together topping ingredients and set aside. in a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. stir in the "sour cream", oil, "milk, and vanilla. pour evenly into baking pan then sprinkle topping evenly over the top. bake for 30-35 minutes.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Is this a pretty good cookbook? I need some new recipes in my life. I have The Garden of Vegan and I think they're by the same author(s).

Lana said...

that sounds and looks delicious...I will definitely be making it...keep the recipes coming!

Lauren said...

Jackie - I honestly haven't done too much out of it. From flipping through it it looks like it has a lot of good things.

penelope said...

yea! i have vegan friends who just had a baby and this is exactly the recipe i've been hoping would drop in my lap to take them. thanks for posting!

Lauren said...

you should bake this for them! it's such a great recipe.